Want to gain a smoother, finer appearance? If yes, learn which is the better choice between botox and dermal fillers from a cosmetic surgeon.
Which is better? Botox or dermal fillers
Individuals who want to gain more youthful-looking skin can choose between two aesthetic treatments- botox and dermal fillers. Find out more about which is better from a plastic surgeon specializing in dermal fillers in Kolkata.
What is Botox?
Botox refers to a neurotoxin that temporarily paralyzes the muscles when injected. It helps in reducing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines caused by repeated facial expressions. Botox treatment helps block the nerve signals in the muscles, preventing them from forming and contracting wrinkles.
Advantages of botox
- Helps treat dynamic wrinkles: Botox is the best treatment for dynamic wrinkles like frown lines and crow’s feet, formed due to muscle movement.
- Provides quick results: You can notice visible results a few weeks or days after the treatment.
- Faster recovery: It is a non-surgical treatment that provides faster recovery with minimal downtime.
What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers consist of various substances like collagen, hyaluronic acid and synthetic materials, injected beneath the surface of the skin to smooth out lines and wrinkles and add volume. For instance, many people reach out to the best doctor specializing in lip fillers in Kolkata to enhance the appearance of their lips. In comparison to botox, dermal fillers treat static wrinkles, which are visible when one’s face is at rest.
Advantages of dermal fillers
- Restoration of volume: Dermal fillers are suitable for addressing those facial areas that have lost volume due to ageing, like the lips and cheeks.
- Long-lasting results: Results from dermal fillers can last up to six months to two years, based on the type of fillers that are used.
- Versatility: Dermal fillers can help address numerous concerns like wrinkles, lines and hollow areas on the face.
Choosing between botox and dermal fillers
You can decide between botox and dermal fillers depending on the type of wrinkles that you want to address. If you have dynamic wrinkles from muscle movement, Botox is the treatment you should go for. On the other hand, if you seek volume restoration and want to address static wrinkles, you can opt for dermal fillers.
Combining the two treatments
Some individuals who desire a comprehensive facial rejuvenation can opt for both botox and dermal fillers. This approach helps address both dynamic and static wrinkles while restoring volume to certain facial areas.
Discuss your aesthetic goals with a reputed plastic surgeon specializing in dermal fillers in Kolkata. They will assess your facial anatomy and help you determine the most effective approach between botox and fillers to achieve natural-looking results.